Friday, December 14, 2018

"Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption" by Laura Hillebrand

The time I spent reading Ubroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillebrand was time well spent. It is the true story of someone who went from a child who was often in trouble to being an inspiration. There are things in the book that are hard to believe, but whether or not the book is 100% true is not important. I have friends to whom I recommend this book. I have a friend who is not happy with where he is in life, and I want him to know that his current situation is not permanent. I want him to feel good about himself. I do not want to lose his friendship, and I will do anything that I can to help him to be who he wants to be. Anyway, this book is well written. There is one minor thing that irritates me about this book. It has notes at the end of the book. If you are going to put endnotes why not put numbers in the text of the book? This does not detract from the book, but it is an irritant to me nonetheless. A film based on this book has been written. I have not decided yet whether or not I want to see the film or to read the books that were co-authored by the hero of this tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment