Saturday, February 23, 2019

Shit Cannot Be Turned Into Gold

Bullshit does not stop being bullshit just because it is expressed with confidence and at a high volume. People who are full of shit do not wise just because they act cocky. Wearing a tie does not make one better who is temporarily in a difficult situation. Lately I have not felt safe at the homeless shelter where I am staying, because people there have been able to get away with bullying me. Someone there threatened to "make me disappear." I was told to relax. The person who communicated that threat has continued his bullying. He sometimes wears a tie, and he speaks loudly and with confidence. The staff at the shelter and in other places connected with the shelter are too easily impressed by people who spout bullshit as if it were wisdom even when these are people who threaten others with violence. I sometimes feel like I am back in elementary school. I am quiet, and I am often ignored by the staff or treated like I am less important than those who are loud. I am not going to sit back and tolerate. I will not let others tell me to just sit back and relax while those who threaten me are allowed to continue to threaten others. Confidence does not make idiots wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment