Thursday, June 30, 2016

Update for 6/30/16

I learned this morning that in Winston-Salem, North Carolina 20% of the people do not have enough money to buy food. I am one of those people. I am working on improving my situation, but for this many people not to have enough money to buy food is not a good thing. In Greensboro and High Point in the same state the percentage is 22.2. I wonder what the percentage of the population in these cities is homeless. I am learning more strongly how much the general population looks down on people who are unemployed. There is a prevalence of signs saying "No Trespassing" and "No Trespassing." I had not noticed before how many fences in this city are topped with barbed wire. During the day homeless people often do not have anywhere to avoid heat, cold, rain, etc. There are agencies that help the homeless, but too often they treat us as if we were not worthy of respect. All people are worthy of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment