Saturday, March 9, 2019

"The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss" by Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt

The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss, by Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt is a wonderful book. I highly recommend it. I find myself leaning more towards Gloria Vanderbilt's views on life, but I almost always agree to the views of both of them. At times I found myself moved to tears. I was especially moved by the parts where spoke of the deaths of Wyatt Cooper, her husband and his father, and the suicide of Carter Cooper, her son and his brother. She is an amazing woman, and he is a great journalist. I can identify with the low self esteem of her younger days. There are many things in the book with which I can identify. I found it hard to set aside as I do with her other books. I think everybody can gain something from reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment