Saturday, December 3, 2016

Some Books I Read Recently

I have not been online for a few weeks. I have been hanging out with friends, working and sucking dick. No, I did not do all of those things at the same time. I will have a home before the end of the month.

I read a couple of books by Clive Barker, Mister B. Gone and The Scarlet Gospel. He is one of my favorite writers. I also enjoy his films, photography and art. Mister B. Gone is told from the point of Jakabok, a demon, who ends up going from hell to the surface of the earth. In places he begs the reader to burn the book that is being read. It becomes clear why he is making this plea. In this book the line between good and evil is not always clear. This is a book that I did not want to stop reading, but I did not want it to end. The Scarlet Gospels features the detective Harry D'Amour and Pinhead. It contains rich imagery and plenty of erect penises. A couple of the lead male characters are gay men. This is another one that I did not want to end. The plots of both of these books contain twists and are completely entertaining. I need to read and/or reread the rest of his books.

Obsession: An Erotic Tale is a slim novel by Gloria Vanderbilt. I first got interested in her writing when I read the first two books of her autobiographical writings. She is a wonderful writer. In this book Talbot Bingham, a controversial, successful architect has died. His widow, Priscilla, discovers some intimate letters to him. The story is told from Priscilla's point of view, from the point of view of the letters and occasionally from the point of view of a third-person narrator. I had forgotten about her books until recently. I was delighted to find this book soon after I started looking. Now I want to find the others.

The Holographic Universe is a fascinating book by Michael Talbot. The main premise of the book is that the universe has no more substance than a hologram. It deals with mystical, spiritual and psychic experiences. Among other topics it deals with the ideas of reincarnation, miracles, out-of body experiences, near-death experiences, etc. I will try to remember to write more about my thoughts on this book at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment