Friday, February 23, 2018

"Dancing Naked in the Mind Field" by Kary Mullis

As I mentioned before, I did not know that I had a cousin named Kary before he won the Nobel Prize in 1993. Looking at his photo I can tell that he is part of my mother's family. He resembles my uncles and cousins on that side of the family. I believe that this book helped my mother accept my sexual orientation. I think that she might have thought , "At least he's not like his cousin Kary. In the book he wrote about using LSD and other drugs. At that time I had only used marijuana. (She was upset when she learned that I had tried it.) Also in the book he wrote about controversial views concerning HIV and AIDS and also global warming. He does back up his views scientifically. I do not know if his views concerning global warming have remained unchanged. Also he wrote about a possible encounter with an extraterrestrial. The book contains amusing anecdotes. There are interesting scientific sections too. This book makes me feel less alone in my family. There are other eccentrics in the family, but I do not know if any others have experimented with drugs. The book was published in 1998.

No comments:

Post a Comment