Friday, November 17, 2017

"Rogue Lawyer" by John Grisham

I read the first thee of John Grisham's books, A Time to Kill, The Firm, and The Pelican Brief. I don't remember if I read any of his fourth book. I enjoyed the first two, but I got tired of his writing while reading the third. It seemed like his writing was becoming too formulaic. I got Rogue Lawyer for a friend, but after reading the description on the cover I thought I would give it a try. The main character, Sebastian Rudd, seemed like an interesting character. He is a lawyer whose office is a bullet-proof van. I enjoyed the beginning of the book, but I found things annoying. Much of the book deals with life on the street. It seems that Mr. Grisham has little knowledge of this. His condescending treatment of addicts and others who struggle on the street irritated me. It was with difficulty that I finished this book. I was very disappointed with the book's ending. I do not know if any of his other books are better, but I do not plan on wasting time trying to find out. I am glad that I did not have to pay the full cover price for this time waster.

No comments:

Post a Comment