Sunday, November 19, 2017

More Views from a Professional Asshole (redacted)

There are performers whose popularity I cannot understand. I am completely baffled by the popularity of Michael Jackson. I can only think of one of his songs that I can tolerate, "Man in the Mirror." To me his voice is annoying. He was a mediocre dancer. The moonwalk was not very original, nor was it difficult to do. Yes, his music continues to make a lot of money. There are other singers who display much more talent. Prince, Hank Williams III, Nina Hagen, Patti Smith Laurie Anderson, and Jean Beauvoir are people who come to mind. I cannot understand the acclaim that Jimi Hendrix has received. I could not play the guitar like he did, but I would not want to do that. Tom Morello is a much better guitarist. To me his playing is a form of torture. I definitely cannot understand the popularity of The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Yes, both groups recorded a few songs that I enjoyed, but to me they have been over-rated. I much prefer The Velvet Underground or The Doors. I can never understand the popularity of Janis Joplin. I do not find anything about her singing appealing. Another band whose music I continue to loathe is The Eagles. I had forgotten about them until a few years ago. I heard some of their songs, and I had forgotten who had recorded them. I remember thinking, "What is this awful shit?" I had forgotten how much I disliked their music.



No comments:

Post a Comment