Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Post about Panhandling

I have been spending a lot of time alone. When I panhandle I interact with people. There are people whom I see daily. A lot of these people smile and speak and give me encouragement. There is one cowardly idiot who yells "Get a job" or "Get a fucking job." I call him cowardly, because he yells this as he drives by. If he is in the next car in line he stops far away from me until the traffic light changes. He needs to focus more on his own life. Some people give me money every day. Some people never give me money, but they smile and wave whenever they see me. That helps too. The people who give money are usually much happier than the people who do not. Not everybody has money to give. I will write more later about the types of people who give and those who do not. I have learned a lot since I started panhandling. I enjoy doing it, because I can interact with people. Sometimes I can give encouragement to people who need it. Often people with a lot of money give a little and act like they are giving a lot. Some people with less money apologize when they do not think they are giving enough. I try to let the latter know that I am grateful for anything that I receive. I would prefer receiving a little money given with love to receiving a lot of money given reluctantly. I won't turn down any amount of money no matter how it is given. I am not going to lie here.

No comments:

Post a Comment