Saturday, July 21, 2018

More on Panhandling

Evangelizing Christians often assume that people who are homeless need to be "saved" in the religious sense of the word. Do they forget that according to the Bible Jesus was homeless during His ministry? Some of these people talk to me, but they refuse to listen to anything that I have to say. There are still people who have plated that say "WWJD" (What would Jesus do?) on their cars. If their actions of these people reflect their thoughts they think that Jesus would ignore those in need. There are a lot of people who gladly give money, food, water, other drinks, etc. I have also received cigarettes, beer and other things. I have seen people who were close to tears. I try to make them feel better. I do not want anyone to feel bad because they cannot give money. I would not have thought that I would enjoy panhandling, but much of the time I do enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment