Friday, July 6, 2018

Harlan Ellison (continued)

I was saddened when I learned of the death of Harlan Ellison. He was one of my favorite authors. I once attended a lecture and reading that he gave. Both of them were about ninety minutes, but they seemed to be much shorter. This was the consensus of those who attended. I had a book that he signed. I wish that I still had that book. As I stepped up to have my book signed he yelled across the auditorium. I joked afterwords that I was almost deafened by Harlan Ellison. He was known for being outspoken. This was one of the things that I liked about him. He was a very good story teller. The style and content always appealed to me. Fortunately there are still books by him that I have not yet read. I will just have to find them. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment