Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Update for 3/7/2018

I have not been able to be online for awhile. After leaving the homeless shelter I have spent many nights sleeping outside. Most of those nights I have slept in a tent in the woods in the city where I have been living. On some nights I slept under a bridge, and on some nights I slept in the open among some canes. For most of those nights I have been with my best friend. Some nights we slept in apartments of friends. Some people think that I have a crush on him. I just know that I would do anything that I can for him. He is currently in jail, so I have been sleeping alone in a tent. He thinks that he will be out of jail at the end of this month. There are some people who think that they can push me around since he is is jail. They will find out that there will be consequences for their actions.

I have grown to really appreciate some of the things that I took for granted when I was not homeless. Among these things are being able to bathe, to use a toilet and to brush my teeth. I have a rather scruffy-looking beard. I am learning to bathe and wash clothes in a creek.

I learned that the people I thought I could trust are not really trustworthy. The people I trust most are people I would have thought I would not be able to trust. I have learned who my real friends are. Foremost is the friend about whom I wrote above. Others who fit in that group are addicts and others who have spent time in jail. Some people who are supposed to be pillars of the community taught me how to lie.

I am going to continue to live on the fringes of society, but I am less fragmented. I am going to be true to who I am not what other people think I should be.

I was charged with possession of paraphernalia. Earlier today I made an appointment with a public defender.

My primary source of income is now panhandling. I will write later about some of the observations I have made doing that. I had worked at McDonald's, but being homeless made it very hard to keep very high standards of personal hygiene. I quit my position without notice.

I am going to see if I will qualify for disability benefits. I will write more about that later.

I have not been taking anti-seizure medications. I have only had one one-minute seizure since I stopped taking those medications. I feel more alert though.

No comments:

Post a Comment