Thursday, August 9, 2018

responsibility for my own actions

One of the books that I am reading now is about sociopaths. The subject of conscience and responsibility for one's actions is dealt with. The author wrote that we often give up responsibility for our actions when we are told by an authority to do something. I cannot agree with this completely. I would not feel comfortable giving up control of my own actions. I definitely would not let an employer get me to do anything that I did not feel comfortable doing. I do like to be submissive to sex partners and some friends, but guidelines would be set before I would enter into a submissive role. I would not be submissive to someone I do not trust. The people in my life to whom I am willing to be submissive know what not to ask me to do. I do not not know whether or not I would do some things, but I would not give up responsibility for my own actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment