Thursday, August 30, 2018

Timothy Leary and LSD

When I read some essays by Harlan Ellison I was reminded of a misconception held by the majority of people concerning Timothy Leary. In one of the essays Mr. Ellison stated that Dr. Leary had been in favor of the indiscriminate use of LSD. He must not have read Dr. Leary's writings about LSD. He was in favor of the careful use of LSD. He said that not everybody should use it. He also said that one should only do LSD in a safe environment with people that one trusts completely. He warned against those with schizophrenia doing LSD. He was definitely against the indiscriminate use of LSD. I have done LSD twice. The first time was not very pleasant. It seemed like I was stuck in a time loop that was never going to end. The second time was uneventful but pleasant. I would like to do it again, and I plan on remembering the precautions that Dr. Leary advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment