Monday, July 18, 2016

"A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson

If you want to read an entertaining, humorous book about a walk along the Appalachian Trail, A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail is not the book that you want to read. The books has quotes from critics who said that the is hilarious. There are many quotes praising the book. I wondered if the critics read the same book that I did. I think that the book is like the trail. It started out very fun, but it soon became tedious and boring. I do not know why I continued reading through to the end. The author asked this of someone concerning the trail, "Did you ever think, 'Jeez, this is too much. I don't know that I want to go through with this'?" I should have done what he and his travelling companion did. They did not complete the trail. I should have tossed the book aside and moved to a book worth reading. I do not plan on reading any of Bill Bryson's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment