Saturday, July 30, 2016

"One Bad Thing" by Bill Eidson

If you replaced one word in the title of One Bad Thing it would be an apt description of the book. I would just replace "Bad" with "Mediocre." Of course on the dust jacket of the book there were blurbs by people praising other books by the author, Bill Eidson. There was even a blurb from Peter Straub, the author of one of the best horror novels, Ghost Story. I was expecting a book full of suspense and twists. Instead this is a predictable story with unremarkable characters. Perhaps his other books are better. I do not plan on finding out. I have other ways to waste my time. If I had had another book on hand I would not have finished this book. There was one surprise at the end of the novel, but if you want your mysteries to keep you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment