Monday, August 8, 2016

"The Walk West: A Walk Across America 2" by Peter and Barbara Jenkins

The Walk West: A Walk Across America 2 by Peter and Barbara Jenkins is a book that I recently started. I am not going to read all of this book. The subject matter is interesting, but the book is not very well written. The authors of the book met, married and went on a journey on across part of the United States. Peter Jenkins had planned this journey before meeting the person who became his wife. I almost did not finish the acknowledgements when I read the following sentence: "We hope our long walk didn't keep them from losing too much sleep, or from getting too many more gray hairs."  Peter Jenkins tried to approximate different dialects phonetically, but he did not do so very well. This is a book that I would recommend avoiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment