Friday, August 26, 2016

Nikki Giovanni, Tupac Shakur and Working Monday

I finished reading three more collections by Nikki Giovanni, The Women and the Men, Love Poems and Blues: For All the Changes. Her peoems really speak for themselves. One of my favorites is " I Wrote a Good Omelet." The book of  love poems was dedicated to the memory of Tupac Shakur. There is also a poem about him in that book. I am always blown away with her ability to say so much with a few words. She can evoke so many feelings and memories in a few lines. If I had the money to do so I would buy copies of all of her books for myself and for all of my friends. Anyone who is left unaffected by reading her writing could only be heartless and brain dead.

I have a collection of poems by Tupac Shakur. He wrote beautiful, powerful poems. He was one of the most talented rappers. It is sad that he was killed at such a young age. More attention should be paid to his talent and less to controversies about him.

I am working on Monday. That is good. I do not know how much I will be working next week, but I will be working at least six hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment