Friday, December 1, 2017

It's the Most Torturous Time of the Year

This is the time of year when public torture is allowed. I am referring to Christmas music. I cannot remember a time when I ever enjoyed Christmas except for the Red Baron Christmas album when I was a child. To make Christmas music you take go through the garbage heap of music and put together whatever you find there. If I could I would never go shopping at this time of year. I am a masochist, but I have limits. The only thing that I can think of that would be worse would be Donald Trump replacing Vincent Price on Michael Jackson's song "Thriller" with Jimi Hendrix playing guitar along with the Shaggs, often said to be the worst band of all times. Even Einsturznde Neubauten's most painful music is more pleasant than Christmas. Especially despicable is Christmas jazz. I enjoy good jazz, but Christmas jazz is not real jazz.

If you are offended by anything I said, lighten the fuck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment