Sunday, January 28, 2018

More Childhood Memories of Movies that I Loathed

I was reminded recently of movies that I hated as a child, "Mary Poppins", "The Sound of Music" and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." I think that I hated most musicals, especially the ones that were extremely sweet. I don't think I ever watched "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" in its entirety. The only musical that I remember liking as a child was one that was based on Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. A teacher had asked my class to watch that one on TV. The following she asked how many people liked it. I was the only one in the class who did. It was scary to raise my hand when no one else raised their hands, but I did it anyway. I do not think that I could watch those films that I loathed so much as a child. As a child I preferred things that were more offbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment