Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Couple of Disappointing Books

I started to read two books that I thought I was going to enjoy. I did try to like them, but I did not make it very far in reading them. They are The Giant's House: A Romance by Elizabeth McCracken and Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda. I almost liked The Giant's House, but it lacks something. I can almost relate with the main characters, but too they seem to be types instead of well formed characters. The author was young when she wrote this book. She has talent. I would be interested if she grew as a writer. Best Day Ever is an incredibly boring thriller. The narrator is arrogant and seems to lack imagination. There is a description of the death of a couple of people early in the book. The author succeeded in making that boring. It takes talent to be this boring. I thought that some of my writing is boring, but even I haven't written anything as boring as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment