Saturday, September 15, 2018

Reflections on Rick Genest and Tattoos

I just learned recently that Rick Genest, also known as Zombie Boy, had died on August 1. I did not know much about him before reading about him and seeing videos since learning of his death. I do not remember where I first saw photos of him. I found him very sexy. I just watched a video of giving a brief talk, "Normal Is an Illusion." This has been my view for a long time. I wish that I had known more about him earlier. He appears in more videos that I want to see. It is sad that many people will not see him as anything more than a freak. He was an intelligent man with something to say. Too many people look at those with multiple tattoos and see nothing more than the tattoos.

I do not think I will get as many tattoos as Rick Genest did, but I do plan on getting more tattoos. I do not want to do this in order to please or displease anyone else. This has been my plan for a few years. I have been stopped by the financial aspect. I can't afford to do it. I will gradually get more tattoos as I can. I want my outer appearance to match how I feel inside. Some people may think that it is silly to think of doing this at my age, but I don't give a fuck what they think. There are other things that I have been doing that reflect this line of thinking. I have slowly stopped caring what other people think of me. My current living situation is far from perfect, but I am growing to be happier with who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment