Saturday, September 22, 2018

Somewhere Being an Introvert and an Extrovert

I did learn some things from Susan Cain's book, but too much of the book seemed to make things black and white. At the end of the book she briefly stated that most people are somewhere between being introverts and extroverts. I know that I have traits of introverts, but I also have traits of extroverts. I prefer spending time with friends one on one. From time to time I need time alone to recharge, but I also need to be able to spend time with friends one on one also to recharge. Being around a large of people can be draining for me, but it can also be something that I enjoy. It depends on the circumstances. If I am among a group of people who let me be myself without fear of having anyone say that I am strange I can be outgoing. It is said that introverts do not stand up straight. I try to maintain good posture with my head held up, my back straight and my shoulders up. I find it more comfortable. Often people think that I am taller than I am because of this. When I speak up in front of a large number of people, in a lecture for example, I tend to feel nervous, but if I think that there is something that I need to say I do not let that stop me. After having done this I feel a sense of accomplishment from having stepped outside of my comfort zone. Sometimes I feel energized by this. I do not speak out unless I feel that what I have is important. I find that by not speaking often that what I say is more effective.

It is said that introverts do not work well with loud music. For me it depends on what kind of music it is and what the task that I am doing. If I find the music to be boring I tend to make more mistakes. Some kinds of music make some tasks easier for me. This is especially true if I am doing something repetitive. Music that was intended to be played softly irritates me if it is played loudly. I also work better with music if I have control over what music is played.

Yes, I know that this needs to be edited. I have more to say on this subject. I will write more at a later date if I remember to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment