Wednesday, June 28, 2017

X: A Novel by Ilyasah Shabazz, Daughter of Malcolm X, with Kekla Magoon

I found this book, X: A Novel by Ilyasah Shabazz, daugheter of Malcolm X, with Kekla Magoon when looking in the library where I use the computer for a book to read. This book is based on the life of the author's life up to when he is released from prison. Conversations are fictional and people are combined or added. The basic story is fact based. I recommend this book. I learned more about Malcolm X's life and family. I intend to reread The Autobiography of Malcolm X. Why is so little said about the Organization of Afro-American Unity now? People tend to talk about Malcolm X (or El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz) being racist and an extremist. This is an inaccurate portrayal. I prefer to focus on what he did after he became a leader in the Civil Rights Movement, but it is helpful to learn about his family background and his personal story. It is time for Malcolm X Day to become a national holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment