Sunday, February 19, 2017

"The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" by Stephen King

I recently read The Bazaar of Bad Dreams:Stories by Stephen King. There were a few stories in this collection that I really enjoyed. "Bad Little Kid" and "Cookie Jar" are among those. There are some stories with vague endings, and these are among the better ones. "Mile 81," a story about a monster car, is one of the less successful. There is a reference to the movie "Christine" in this story. That film was based on a novel by Mr. King. Years ago I read Carrie by the same author. I liked that book, but I am not intrigued enough by his writing to read his longer books. To me his writing lacks the bite that I find in the writing of Clive Barker. It is like reading a light beer when a rich, dark stout is available. I will pick the stout every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment