Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Good Start to the Day

I really do need to start getting up earlier on a regular basis. I feel better this morning. I slept less than I have been sleeping, and I feel better. I really have been sleeping too much. This is going to be a good day. It is the first day of spring, but it is going to be cool today. Rain is expected. I am going to see people with whom I enjoy spending time. I am starting the day listening to one of my favorite bands, Время и Стекло. Their music always helps my mood.

When I was a child one of my favorite books was Madeline. That book takes place in Paris. There was another book that I read as a child that may have influenced more than I had realized. I am not sure how old I was when I first read it, and I do not know how the book ended up in our house. My father was a Republican. Anyway it was a pro-Soviet children's book. I do not remember the title. I remember it said that in the Soviet Union girls could grow up to be whatever they wanted and in the Soviet Union they all helped each other. I wish I still had that book. These books may explain in part why I am the way I am today.

Not only is this going to be a good day, but this is going to be a good week.

Здравствуйте, друзья.

No comments:

Post a Comment