Monday, March 21, 2016

Temp Agencies

Temp agencies can benefit employers and employees, but they can be used by employers in a way that exploits workers. I have benefited from temp agencies.Several times I was able to get jobs through temp agencies when I could not find a job otherwise. Usually this had led to a full-time job. When there is the possibility of a job going from temporary to full time this can benefit the employer and the employee. In this situation it benefited me when I was able to show that I am a good worker, and I was able to see whether or not the company was one for whom I wanted to work. The company can see whether or not the potential employee is a good worker. Some companies exploit workers by using mostly temp workers. The employees do not receive benefits that they would get as full-time employees. I worked as a temp at one company where there were people who had been working as temps for five years and longer. That is something that I think should not be legal. There should be stricter guidelines as to what temp agencies can do to keep employees from being exploited. I can understand short-term assignments from temp agencies in some circumstances. The best for the worker is when there is the possibility of a temp job turning into a full-time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment