Saturday, March 12, 2016

"He Never Died:" A Film with Henry Rollins

Henry Rollins is a multi-talented man. I just finished watching his movie, "He Never Died." He played an immortal cannibal who has tried to refrain from eating human flesh. Questions of good and evil do not really seem to concern him. There are gangsters who would like to kill him, but they realize that he cannot be killed. They kidnap his daughter, and they plan on killing her. They think that this would be the only way to hurt him. Jack, the character played by Henry Rollins, is definitely not someone you would not want to piss off. This film has plenty of violence, gore and humor. I will definitely watch it again.

Henry Rollins has written poetry, an autobiography and various other articles and books. I want to read some of his writings eventually. He has hosted radio shows and recorded spoken word CD's. He has spoken out for human rights, especially for LGBT rights. He was in the band Black Flag, but I am more familiar with the Rollins Band. I guess you could say that I am a Henry Rollins fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment