Sunday, February 7, 2016

Employers Need Employees

Many employers say that their workers should be glad that they have a job. They forget that without the workers they would be out of business. Many people tell workers with shitty jobs with low wages and few benefits that they should be happy that they have jobs. This is a load of crap. It has been proven that workers who feel that their work is appreciated are more productive workers. Companies like Costco who give their employees good wages and good benefits have seen an increase in their profits. Many companies sabotage their own profits by mistreating their workers. Even those of us who always want to do the best job we can at whatever position we have are more motivated when we are treated well by our employers. I know that I do a better job if I know that my work is appreciated. If I receive positive feedback for a job well done I am more likely to continue to do a good job. If more emphasis is placed on keeping from making mistakes I am more likely to make mistakes or just doing an adequate job. I would still want to do a good job, but I would feel more stress. Stress can lead to mistakes. I know that I have said it before, but I think it is worth repeating. Employers need to remember that without workers they would be out of business.

No comments:

Post a Comment