Sunday, February 21, 2016

Musings on Using Multisyllabic or Simple Vocabulary

Some people talk or write about simple concepts in such a way that they become incomprehensible. Others can take a complex idea and write or talk about it in such a way that almost anyone can understand it. I believe the latter shows a better understanding of the concept than does the former. It has been said that if you cannot explain something in such a way that anyone can understand you do not really understand what you are talking about. Sometimes I can enjoy common things described in such a way that they seem exotic. I can enjoy using polysllabic words, but I prefer simple vocabulary. I prefer hearing someone talking intelligently with simple words to someone who uses multisyllabic vocabulary. Yes, I know that know that it is absurd for me to write about a preference for simple vocabulary while using longer words. That is intentional. I enjoy playing with words, ideas, languages and things that can be found in a man's trousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment