Monday, February 1, 2016

Replacing Self Doubt with a Positive Attitude

Sometimes when I think about my dream of travelling in Central and Eastern Europe I make the mistakes of letting self doubts. I forget that I do still have the capacity to learn. I surprise myself with how quickly I can remember languages I have studied before and how quickly I can pick up new languages. I need to shut out the questions I ask myself sometimes. I sometimes ask myself what makes me think that I can learn Slavic languages. I doubt my own abilities in spite of evidence that I can learn these languages. I cannot learn these languages if I do not try to learn them. I may never be able to speak and write them perfectly, but I am going to try to learn as much as I can. I am replacing these self doubts with a positive attitude. I am excited by the progress I have made in understanding Russian, and I am looking forward to learning more. As long as I can learn and grow in other ways too I am happy. The future is uncertain, but that is always true. I am excited by the possibilities that the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment