Saturday, October 3, 2015

A.J. Croce, Is anybody reading this?

I am listening to A.J. Croce, the son of Jim and Ingrid Croce. He was born in 1971. His father died in a plane crash in 1973. I am listening to his first album. It has a very bluesy sound. Early influences were Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder. (I am using info from Wikipedia here.) When he was four he was blind because of abuse from his mother's boyfriend. He did get partial vision in his left eye. It is not too difficult to understand why his father was not a big musical influence. I remember hearing about him playing in small venues in the town where I was living when this CD came out. I wish I had been able to see him perform then. He wrote seven songs on this album. He sings and plays the piano. His piano playing is outstanding.  His sound has changed over the years. I want to hear more of his music.

Sometimes I wonder if people are really reading this. I ask for input, and I do not get any. I would like to get feedback on my writing, and I would also like to get ideas on how I could get involved in the international LGBTQ rights struggle. All input would be appreciated.

Buona sera.

2 comments:

  1. I have read a few of your entries and found them to be both informative and entertaining. I had no ideal that Him Croce's son was a musician.

    ReplyDelete