Sunday, October 4, 2015

Gun Control

It is interesting to me that in the U.S.A. gun control is supported by the political left. People here assume that it is a liberal point of view. This is not true in all countries . I was surprised to learn when I read Führer Ex by Ingo Hasselbach that it is those who were to the political right in Germany who supported gun control. I do not know if this is still the case. I wonder why it is considered a liberal view in one country and a conservative view in another. People often say that they do not want to lose their right to own guns. I think the right to live without fear of being shot should override the right to own weaponry. Not everyone should be able to own guns. I completely support background checks for people purchasing guns. There have been too many people in the U.S.A. killed because of gun violence.

I go back to work tomorrow. I'm not ready to go back yet. Gute Nacht

No comments:

Post a Comment