Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Books I am Currently Reading

I am currently rereading Myra Breckinridge by Gore Vidal and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. The former was made into what is considered one of the worst movies ever made, and some people consider the film based on the latter to be better than the book. Both are narrated by the main character, and both have surprises at the end. I have not seen the movie "Myra Breckinridge," and I do not know id I want to watch it. I have watched "Fight Club" a few times, and I probably will watch it some more times. This is my second time reading the book. I am glad that some things were toned down in the movie. While reading the former I am made aware of the changes that have taken place in the view of transgender people. It is an entertaining book, but there are references to many people who have been forgotten since the book was published in 1968. There are some things in Fight Club that I find tempting. They are tempting in theory, but I would not want to act on them. One of these things is the idea of getting into fights, and having a fight club. There are mentions of waiters urinating and masturbating into food at expensive restaurants. Chuck Palahniuk said that he has been told by waiters that they have done this. I would be tempted to have a waiter do this for me in a restaurant. More on these books later, maybe.

I am not ready yet, but I have to go to work now. Na shledanou. Ahoj.

No comments:

Post a Comment