Thursday, August 20, 2015

Manu Chao

I am listening to Manu Chao's CD "La radiolina." On this CD he sings in Spanish, English, Portuguese,  and Italian. I would like to hear him sing in Basque. He sings about themes that interest me, and his music is fun. My favorite songs are "13 días," Politik Kills," "Rainin in Paradise," "Panik Panik," and "Besoin de la lune." I like all of the songs. In one song he sings in two or three languages. (I would like to build up my confidence enough to combine languages orally as well as in writing.) His music makes me want to move, and his lyrics activate my brain. I want to find more of his music.

I am working on building my confidence with languages. I struggle at times with thoughts that I am not as good as I think I am with languages. I am getting less insecure about this. It is still odd to me that English is the one I speak with the strongest accent. Oh, well, I enjoy that too.

Bom dia, tout le monde, na shledanou.

No comments:

Post a Comment