Thursday, August 13, 2015

Yelawolf: Love Story

I am listening to "Love Story" a CD by Yelawolf, a hip hop performer from Alabama. It was recommended to me on Amazon. I do not always trust their recommendations. I read some of the reviews. I was partly drawn to him by his connection to Eminem, but I saw in the reviews that there were other influences. There is some country influence. Eminem is listed as the Executive Producer, and he appears on one of the songs, "Best Friend." For me the most moving song is "Disappear." It deals with child abuse. It comes close to moving me to tears. There are songs that deal with bullying too. I will eventually get more discs by Yelawolf. This disc stands up to repeated listening.

I think it would be interesting if Eminem and Hank Williams III did some music together. This is not because they are both a III and the same age. They both perform the type of the music that they want. I doubt that it will ever happen, but I think it would be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment