Monday, August 17, 2015

Off to Work I Go

I am getting ready to start a new work week by listening to Rammstein. Their songs stimulate me in several ways. Til Lindemanns's voice turns me on whether he sings in German or English, but he sounds better in German. Their songs motivate me to want to learn more German. Their music makes very good dance music for me. It was through reading about them that I learned about Laibach and Einsturzende Neubauten. Rammstein and Laibach have similar logos. Laibach formed long before Rammstein. Laibach uses a black cross, Rammstain uses a cross of the same style with a stylized on it. Both Rammstein and Laibach have been accused of having fascistic leanings against their own protestations. I love the music of all three bands, but Einsturzende Neubauten's name is the most fun to say. It is funny that I can roll my "R's" in any language but German. I cann not say Rammstein the same way that they do.

Well, it's off to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment