Sunday, August 16, 2015

Laibach: Volk: Dead in Trbovlje

This DVD has concert footage and music videos by Laibach with the group Silence. I watched the concert footage. They performed selections from their CD "Volk" and several other songs. The audience remained seated throughout the concert until the end. It seems like a cross between a rock concert and a classical concert. Their concerts are multimedia events too. Elements from their music videos are seen behind them. "Volk" is a collection of arrangements of national anthems. During "Italia" scenes from Fellini's "La dolce vita" and Pasolini's "Salo" are seen. Laibach remain still during their concerts. Their versions of most of the national anthems are critical of the different countries. In their version of "The Star Spangled Banner" they ask "Did you form a perfect union?" There are disturbing images in their video for "Anglia," ("God Save the Queen"). They are very critical of that country. I will write more after I finish watching the music videos. I will try to do that soon.

I was not able to get together with my online friend. I hope we can do that soon.

Lahko noč

No comments:

Post a Comment