Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Note About Seeing a Sweet Guy and Elections

I spent time with a sweetheart this afternoon. I met him at a mall after he got off work. We had not been able to see each other for a few months. We always greet each other with a kiss. We went to get something to eat. Now he knows where I live. We kissed in the mall, at the place where we ate and in his truck. He is a sweet guy. I wish I could get him to move with me to where I have friends. It was nice to spend time with him.

There are people who want to make election day a federal holiday in the United States to insure that everyone will be able to vote. This is a nice idea, but not everybody in the U.S.A. gets federal holidays off from work. At my current job the only holidays on which we do not word are Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have to work all of the federal holidays. Most people who work in retail, food service, health service and industrial positions have to work on these holidays. Unfortunately making election day a federal holiday would not make it easier for many people to vote. The electoral college, the people who really elect the president of the U.S., is one reason that many people do not vote in the presidential election. Many people think that their votes do not matter. The electoral college should be eliminated. People should directly elect the president. When we vote for the president not all votes carry the same weight. How much somebody's vote is worth is dependent upon which state they live in. This needs to change. I still get angry when people refer to the President of the U.S.A. as the leader of the free world. He is the leader of the U.S.A. only. Not all of the people in this country enjoy the same freedom.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment