Thursday, November 12, 2015

Echo and the Bunnymen

Echo and the Bunnymen are my favorite band from the 1980's and my favorite band from Liverpool. I am listening to their first album, "Crocodiles." The first album I bought by them was their third one, "Porcupine." I then bought the other two. I had them on vinyl. They are called neo-prychedelia. One of the reasons I was drawn to their music is that it struck me as being different from other music that I was hearing at the time. I have only heard their first four albums though. I may eventually get the other ones, but there are more pressing things now. In addition to their music they had great album covers. The photography is great. I also like the name of the band. My favorite song from their first album is "Happy Death Men." It is somewhat discordant. It reminds me in ways of the music of John Cage and other 20th century composers. The reason that I stopped buying their albums was that I had little money, and was not buying much new music. Still after thirty years I still enjoy listening to their music. To me they seem like precursors of the Goth movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment