Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I am still going through rough times. It does not help that I do not have anyone with whom I can talk. I feel totally cut off. I know things will work out, but it is not easy. I am in danger of losing my cell phone service completely. What I need most is emotional support. It is not easy not having anyone with whom I can laugh and share my interests. This may be boring to read about, but I am desperate for friends. I am able to enjoy music and movies during the evening. I wish I had more time to write posts.

One of the things I was thinking about earlier is one of the reason that people are afraid to seek psychological help when they need it. In 1989 I was in a mental hospital for about nine months. Being in a mental hospital is probably like being in jail. You are not able to make your decisions about what you eat or when you eat. You are very limited in your choices of how to spend your time. As a patient in a mental hospital you are treated as if you were less intelligent, and often you are not treated like an adult. You are treated as "less than." Psychiatrists can ruin people's lives with a false diagnosis. People who are eccentric are often seen as being mentally ill. Mental illness is not something that one needs to be ashamed of, but not all those who are labelled as being mentally should have this label.

I will try to be more entertaining soon, but this is what is on my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment