Saturday, November 28, 2015

My Least Favorite Question

When meeting people on Facebook and other social media the first question is often "What do you do for a living?" One of the reason I do not like this question is that I fear being judged because of my job. It is not a job that I would want to have, and it does not reflect who I am as a person. I would like to have a job that fits my interests and abilities better. The only thing about this job that fits into my interests is that I am able to speak and hear Spanish. If I had a better job I might not be bothered so much by this question. Sometimes I tell people that I don't want to talk about my job, and sometimes they keep asking about it. I do not mind talking about my job after we have discussed other things first. I prefer for people to know who I am as a person before I talk to them about what I do for a living. We should not judge others because of their jobs. We should not judge other people anyway. What job a person has may not reflect who they are as a person. First it is a good idea to learn what led them to their current position and if it is what they would like to be doing with their lives. I will be happy when my life is not so compartmentalized. Wherever I am I remain the same person.

Gute Nacht, Boa Noite, Доброй ночи, Надобраніч, Noapte buna, Dobrú noc, Dobrou noc, Lahko noč, Bonsoir, Buenas noches.

No comments:

Post a Comment