Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sinead O'Connor

I am listening to Sinead O'Connor's first Album, "The Lion and the Cobra." She is a very talented singer and songwriter. Her first two albums show what a wide range she has vocally. I have not heard her other albums yet. Her singing has a lot of emotional impact. Her voice has more of an edge at times on "The Lion and the Cobra" than it does on "I Do not Want What I Haven't Got." I am still blown away by the power in her vocals on both of these albums. "Just Like U Said It Would Be" and "Troy" give me goosebumps. The second album has some very moving songs as well. "I Am Stretched on Your Grave," "Three Babies" and "Black Boys on Mopeds" are very powerful songs. She sings about personal pain. She also sings about racism and other issues. One of the things that I admire about her is that she stands up for her beliefs. I want to hear her more recent recordings. Sometimes with my wide range of interests it is hard to keep up with all of them.

Gute nacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment