Monday, November 30, 2015

Miguel Bosé: Papito

A CD by Miguel Bosé is helping me to get started this morning. "Papito" is a CD that has newer recordings of his older songs. He rerecorded these songs other singers, Michael Stipe, Ricky Martin, Shakira, Sasha Sokol and others. I am not familiar with the original recordings of these songs, but I like these updates. "Bambú," recorded with Ricky Martin, stands out. "Morena mía," with Julieta Venegas, is also a fun song. I would like to compare these recordings with the original versions. In the cover photo Miguel Bosé is shirtless and is made to look like he has the collaborators' faces and names tattooed on his arms and upper chest. To be honest one of the things that led me to buy this CD was the photo on the front. He looks sexy in it with his nipples and navel showing. One thing that I like about this CD is that the rhythms are varied, and there is a wide variation of instrumentation and musical styles. If I remember I will check out his older recordingd and those by some of his collaborators, Alaska, Shakira, Alejandro Sanz and Ivete Sangalo for example. Believe it or not I have heard very little by Shakira.

I am not ready to do it yet, but I need to get ready for my work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment