Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Secrets from My Youth

At times when I was growing up I was a lazy student. I would sometimes try to see what I could get away with. When I was taking shop class we were supposed to bend a piece of soft metal and attach it to another piece of metal to make a coat rack. We were also supposed to make a drawing of it before making it. They were all supposed to look alike. I saw a piece of metal that was already curled in a way that I liked. I drew the piece of metal and attached it to the flat piece. the teacher thought that I was being original. I was just being lazy. In the same class we were supposed to do a big project. I did not feel like doing one, so I din't. Somehow I was given an A+ as a grade for my project. I do not know how that happened. In art class for one of my projects I stole the design from an ad for panty hose. I do not think I changed very much, but the teacher probably had not seen the ads. She thought my design was very clever and original. I did study a lot in high school, but before that I put as little effort into my school work as I could get away with. I was just good at looking clever while being extremely lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment