Saturday, May 23, 2015

Ambulances: Needed but Over-Priced Services

I understand that ambulances provide a valuable service, but they charge too much for these services. They can give a ride to the hospital to some one who is not able to make a decision and then force that person to pay hundreds of dollars for that service. Three times when I had seizures I was taken to the hospital when I did not have insurance I was taken in an ambulance to the hospital. I was very confused after these seizures, and I was not given a choice about going in the ambulance. For each ride in the ambulance I was charged over four hundred dollars. I could not get the ambulance company to give me a total of how much money I owed. I could not get any cooperation from the company. I was unable to pay these bills, and now my pay checks are being garnished ten per cent. A friend was unconscious and was taken from one hospital to another, and he was charged over eight hundred dollars for this. I am thankful for the people who operate these vehicles, My problem is with the companies that own them, and their high prices. They are very hard to work with. They do not care about the people to whom they give their services. They are only interested in getting a lot of money. This is one part of the healthcare system that still needs to be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment