Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Clash

I am listening to "Sandinista!" by The Clash. I had it on vinyl when it came out as a triple album in 1980. My radicalization had started by that time, so their political views appealed to me. I remember when their album "London Calling" came out. It has been called one of the best albums. "Sandinista!" is very eclectic. There are touches of reggae and rock. There are some abstract tracks here. They are referred to as a punk band, but they do not seem that punk to me. To me their music defies categorization. Not everything fits neatly in a certain box or category. Their message is still pertinent today. I have never gotten tired of their music. I am not sure if I have other CD's by them. I may have to order new copies.

Goodnight. I will try to post more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment