Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Looking Forward to Getting out of Town

I am looking forward to getting out of town. I have Saturday off from work. I am going to see some friends. We are going to a gay pride march in a small town. It will be with a group from a church, so I will have to be on good behavior. There won't be any sex for me this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing friends I have not seen in awhile. One friend I have known for close to twenty-two years. I won't be able to sleep late like I usually do on my days off, but at least I won't be going to work. I have not been to a pride march in a long time. I have not been to many. The first one I went was a very big one in Washington D.C. in 1987. I was not there long enough to see any speakers or performers, but I did march. There were thousands of people. People from other states snubbed those of us from North Carolina. People were marching with other people from their own state. Groups from different states would run towards each other and hug each other, but for some reason no one would hug those of us from North Carolina. I thought this was pretty shitty behavior. It was a fun experience though. I have been to a couple of others, but they are not very memorable. This will be the first pride march in the town where we are going. I am not sure if I will be at a table set up by the church or what I will be doing. I am going to be myself, just toned down a little bit. Being around friends will be nice. I may wear one of my jerseys though. I am not sure. I will be going to church services on Sunday.

I am starting off the day with Rammstein's first CD, "Herzeleid." There are songe on this CD that I really like. They are some of my favorite songs. I am wearing my new Polish Jersey. I am not ready yet, but it's time to go to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment