Saturday, May 2, 2015

Not Putting Up with Shit at Work

At work I try to be easy yo get along with, but I am not going to put up with people giving me shit. Yesterday I had someone get in my face about something trivial. He kept on and on until I finally yelled at him. I do not like doing that, but he was would not let up. Sometimes people there indicate whatever they want done by pointing. This is not very effective. I have had supervisors who give very vague instructions. They say, "I need you to go over there" without saying what they want me to do when I get to where they pointed. If I a am doing a job I want to do the best job that I can, and I want to help other people to do their jobs. People at work are learning what they need to do if they want me to do something. They just need to ask politely. I treat other people with the same respect. They also need to ask in complete sentences or say more than one word. Most of the people speak Spanish, and sometimes they will just yell "caja" or whatever they want. It is not always clear what they want. Sometimes I do not know who has spoken, especially if I am looking the other way. Sometimes I have several people asking me to do something at the same time, and they all want me to do what they want immediately. The person who has treated me with the most respect gets my attention first. Sometimes there are other people who are in a better position to do what they want. It irritates me when other people are allowed to stand around and chat without doing any work, yet when I take a few seconds to catch my breath I am immediately told to do something. I am a person, not a machine, and when I am pushed too much I push back.

No comments:

Post a Comment