Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Dookie" by Green Day and "Teatro" by Willie Nelson

I am listening to "Dookie," the CD by Green Day. As it was for a lot of people, this was the first one I heard from them. They had released music before On Lookout Records. I would like to hear some of their earlier stuff. Their music is a lot of fun pop-punk. One thing that appealed to me about them is that they did concerts with Pansy Division, a queercore band. Anyway, Green day is a band whose music can cheer me up. My favorite songs on this are "Longview, "Welcome to Paradise" and Basket Case." The lines "When masturbation's lost its fun You're fucking breaking," always makes me smile.

I have a CD by Pansy Division somewhere in my stacks of CD's I want to get new copies of their other ones.

Willie Nelson is another performer whose music I enjoy. "Teatro," released in 1998, was produced by Daniel Lanois. Some songs that Willie Nelson had recorded before are given a different sound. I do not think that anyone would be surprised that I like his music. I like the country musicians who do not fit into the main stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment